Section 224, Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012
Thank you for choosing to renew your Manager's Certificate online.
Use this cover page to assist you in lodging a complete Manager’s Certificate application.
Click here for further information on applying for a renewal of your Manager's Certificate.
You must renew your Manager's Certificate before it expires.
Once your Manager's Certificate has expired, it cannot be renewed and you
will need to make an application for a new Manager's Certificate.
- If the applicant is currently employed as a duty manager, the application should be filed with the District Licensing Committee nearest to the licensed premises where the applicant works. If the applicant is not currently employed as a duty manager, the application should be filed with the District Licensing Committee for the district in which the applicant is currently living.
- Please only submit this application if the applicant is eligible in the Hamilton City district. Click here to see the area of the district.
Supporting documents you need to provide:
To complete this online form, you will need to attach the following electronic documents. Please ensure you have these documents scanned and ready to attach (preferably as PDFs) before continuing with the form:
- If the applicant's LCQ was issued under the Sale of Alcohol Act 1989, a copy of their LCQ Bridging Test completion certificate.
- A written reference from the applicant's employer at the licensed premises at which the applicant is currently working. This should confirm their employment on licensed premises, how long they have worked there and relevant duties.
If the applicant's original Manager's Certificate was not issued in the Hamilton City district:
- A copy of the applicant's original Manager's Certificate if not originally issued by Hamilton District Licensing Committee.
- A copy of the applicant's most recent renewal certificate if not issued by Hamilton District Licensing Committee.
- A copy of the applicant's Licence Controller Qualification (LCQ).
If you are renewing the Manager's Certificate on behalf of someone else:
- A copy of the authority to act as an agent of the applicant, signed by the applicant.
If the applicant is not a New Zealand Citizen or Resident, the applicant must provide:
- Copy of valid passport.
- Copy of current work permit/visa.
- Copy of Drivers Licence.
Once you have the electronic documents ready to attach, please click Continue.