Thank you for choosing to apply for your merchandise permit online.
Conditions for merchandise displays
- Merchandise should be placed up against the façade of the shop it belongs to.
- Merchandise displays must observe the requirements on setbacks and clearways as set out in Schedule 1 of the Public Places Policy.
- The merchandise display must not have sharp edges or projections which may cause injury to pedestrians or create a nuisance.
- Merchandise displays must not contain any form of offensive material.
- Merchandise displays are to be removed at the end of trading hours or when requested by Council staff to enable street works, services or repairs, or other public utilities.
Council reserves the right to add conditions to your application.
Full terms & conditions
Supporting documents you need to provide
To complete this online form, you will need to attach the following electronic documents. Please ensure you have these documents scanned and ready to attach (each preferably in PDF or JPG format) before continuing with the form:
- A map showing the location of the merchandise display
- A photograph of the merchandise display
Once you have the electronic forms ready to attach, please click the Continue button below.
As part of the processing of your application a warranted officer of the Hamilton City Council may need to conduct a site visit to measure the designated area.