Thank you for choosing to apply for your outdoor dining permit online.
Terms & conditions
Please read Council's Public Places Policy and Public Places Liquor Control Bylaw for a full list of all terms & conditions that apply to outdoor dining. Please click here to see a full set of fees and charges.
Supporting documents you need to provide
To complete this online form, you will need to attach the following electronic documents. Please ensure you have these documents scanned and ready to attach (each preferrably in PDF or JPG format) before continuing with the form:
- A plan and specifications of the proposed outdoor dining area on a scale of 1:50 showing:
- The location and dimensions of the proposed outdoor dining area
- The position of furniture including tables and chairs, planter boxes, screens, heaters, blinds/dividers, patio heaters, signage and umbrellas to be provided in the proposed outdoor dining area (please refer to the regulations, pertaining to street furniture contained in the Public Places Policy)
- The area either side of the boundaries (up to 10 meters) of the proposed area indicating the location of all footpaths, public facilities, public places, streets and street alignments
- Specifications of any enclosures or screens/dividers including grounds and supporting fixtures. This includes any semi continuous or continuous overhead, side and front enclosures (including those that are retractable) that are supported by any fixed supports, structural frames or columns in the public place, whether or not the enclosure is occupied by outdoor fixture.
- Photographs or brochures of the furniture to be set up in the proposed outdoor dining area
- Copy of your current liquor licence (If you intend to serve alcohol you must already have a liquor licence or have an application in progress)
- Copy of public liability insurance certificate to a minimum value of $2,000,000
As part of the processing of your application a warranted officer of the Hamilton City Council may need to conduct a site visit to measure the designated area for outdoor dining.